They are putting on the training day as many organisations are digitising their collections as a way of providing wider access to books and documents in their collections.
This day has been designed to give an overview of how to plan for and undertake digitisation of library and archive material. The day will also raise awareness of digital preservation issues. By the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of digitising material
- Give examples of the types of materials that are suitable for digitisation
- Identify the issues to be considered when planning for digitisation
- Define what is meant by digital preservation
- Describe the risks to digital objects and explain how digital preservation can address these risks.
Louise Dennis (Assistant Curator)