Thursday 16 June 2011

Yves Findling - You can do it with plastics

The following is part of the response to the You can do it with plastics request by AUB staff and students.

Yves Findling - MA Illustration

The series of characters are the result of years of observing and drawing people in places like cafes, the subway and other public spaces. Putting them into the third dimension was a major step in my artistic development. The use of plasticine gives me the possibility to model the sculptures very precisely and over a long period of time because the material does not dry. I use special modelling material which is suitable for the use in animation and I created two episodes with my characters "Pimm & Pomm" which you can see online. If you are interested in my former work and the work I create during the MA course please visit my website: http://www.yvesfindling.de/



Diva

DJ Andreas Vogel  & DJ Konrad Kuhn

Swimmer

Constantin

Veteran

Fat Cat

1 comment:

  1. The use of plasticine gives me the possibility to model the sculptures very precisely and over a long period of time because the material does not dry. I use special modelling material which is suitable for the use in animation and I created two episodes with my characters.
    _______________
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.