Wednesday 8 December 2021

MoDiP's new Museum Assistant

Hello, you may be wondering who I am. So, first a bit about me…My name is Reanna, I grew up in a relatively large family and I went to college and studied photography for 4 years. I joined MoDiP in November 2021 as Museum Assistant. I decided to join MoDiP to develop my knowledge on everyday plastics and because of my general curiosity with this material.

When most think of plastics the first thing that might spring to mind could be crisp packets, water bottles, yoghurt pots and many more food packaging products, right?


Image ref: clockwise from top left: AIBDC : 005662, 007994.1, 007145 and 005677
Image credit: MoDiP


Well, what if I was to tell you that the clothes you are wearing could be plastic? Mind boggling! How can clothes be made of plastics? These are the sorts of things I would like to learn more about.

Image ref: clockwise from top left: AIBDC : 003686, 005965, 004256 and 001720
Image credit: MoDiP


So many of us lack a real understanding of plastics and that’s why I am here, to broaden my knowledge as well as my workplace experience. I am positive that during my time here I will learn many new things and I hope that by reading this post you might be inspired to find out more too.
 
Reanna Butcher
Museum Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.